The Presidency has confirmed that President Muhammad Buhari would be returning to the United Kingdom for further treatment.

Upon his return earlier in March, the President had revealed his health status was troubling, and that he could still go back.

This was confirmed by the Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media and Publicity, Garba Shehu, who spoke to reporters on Thursday.

Shehu debunked claims that the trip had been cancelled, and that the President would be flying the doctors from the UK into Nigeria.

He said, “It is false news (that Buhari is no longer going to London). We are not aware of the reported advance movements.

“The last time the President spoke about this, he said he would return to his doctors after some time. We are not aware that this has changed.”

In a separate development, Minister for Information and Culture, Lai Mohammed revealed that it’d be out of line for the presidency to reveal the costs of the president’s treatment.

“This matter (the president’s medical bill) has come several times and our position is quite straight forward,” he said.

“What are the president’s conditions of service? What are his entitlements in terms of his wellbeing and health care? The state is supposed to take responsibility for these.

“We believe that asking for how much has been spent on the health of the president is an issue that we should weigh very well, both for national security and also for moral issues. I don’t know why we must divulge such very sensitive information.

“I might be wrong but I don’t know of anywhere else where the president will be ill and be forced to disclose how much the state spent on his health.

“Yes, there is freedom of information act, but it is also carved in such a way that when such information is likely to endanger national security, that area is covered.”