Despite Innocent 2Face Idibia’s cancellation of the planned February 6th protest, another group has stepped forward to announce it will still hold.

Enough Is Enough Nigeria, who had been co-organizers of the protest alongside the iconic singer, have revealed that the protests  would go on regardless.

The group made their stance known in a post on their social media page.

2Face, in a video on social media, had cited the threat of hijacks as the reason behind his cancellation of the protest.

ALSO: Lagos State Police Gives Terms For Planned February 6th Protest

“After due consultations, it has become clear that the One Voice Nigerian protest scheduled to hold in Lagos, Abuja on Monday 6, February, is under serious threat of hijack by interests not aligned with our ideals,” 2baba said in the video.

The Nigerian Police, which had initially tried to ban the protest, also claimed that there were certain people who were going to try to hijack the protest.

“The Nigeria Police Force is currently in possession of credible intelligence reports that other interest groups are equally planning to hold a counter protest/marches on the same days at the same places/cities as the Tuface group”, Nigerian Police spokesman Jimoh Moshood said in a statement on Friday.

“If these various planned protests/demonstrations are held as scheduled, there may be a breakdown of law and order, with attendant loss of lives and property”, the statement added.