Anthony Joshua’s boxing promoter, Eddie Hearn, has revealed that the British-Nigerian boxer will face Wladimir Klitschko again this year.

Joshua beat Klitschko in one of the biggest matches of this year so far last month, knocking him out in the 11th round.

He’s drawn international interest ever since, with many expecting a fight against fellow British star, Tyson Fury.

According to Hearn, however, a rematch with Klitschko is his most likely next fight.

ALSO: Anthony Joshua Wins WBA Belt After Beating Wladimir Klitschko

“The next step for Anthony Joshua will probably be [formally] announced in the next three or four weeks and it’s likely to be Wladimir Klitschko,” Hearn told Radio Rahim.

Joshua is already being challenged by Kubrat Pulev, and Hearn said the rematch could happen before or after that.

“We have to fight Pulev so if he’s not next then [he will be] the one after [Klitschko],” Hearn said. “[Joshua is] in the office on Monday [and we have] untold offers coming in from China, Dubai, Nigeria, America, and Cardiff. Everybody wants to show Anthony Joshua fights all around the world.”

Reflecting on the fight, Hearn said: “Joshua looked like he was gone [beaten] in the fifth round and he may not have even gotten up in the sixth round.

“I think Wladimir will be thinking ‘I should have jumped on him.’ It was incredible from Klitschko and one of the best performances of his career.”

Hearn confirmed the rematch could be booked for “November or December.” It may not necessarily be in a UK stadium as “there have been huge offers around the world” including, potentially, a venue in China or the iconic MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas.

“It’s the biggest fight for Anthony Joshua outside of Tyson Fury,” Hearn said.

The Fury fight is however on hold because of Fury’s issues with the UK anti doping agency.

“There’s no one who wants to see Fury back in the ring more than Anthony Joshua himself,” Hearn said. “The UK hearing is delayed and the whole thing is a complete mess.

“They might not have his [UKAD] hearing until October or November and he can’t get his boxing license back until then, so he might not fight all year.”