Borussia Dortmund winger Ousmane Dembele has been suspended by the club until further notice, after he missed a training session.

Dembele had missed the session after Barcelona had submitted a 100 million-euro offer, but Dortmund rejected the bid.

20-year old Dembele was also fined for the incident, and now the ban has become indefinite.

In a statement to the stock market, the club said: “Borussia Dortmund has decided to uphold the training suspension for the player Ousmane Dembele until further notice.

ALSO: Borussia Dortmund vs AS Monaco Postponed After Bomb Explodes On Dortmund Team Bus

“The decision was taken by Hans-Joachim Watzke, Michael Zorc and Peter Bosz following the first round cup win at 1.FC Rielasingen-Arlen on Saturday night.”

Dortmund added that they “will not make any more comments on the situation beyond this statement.”

Dortmund director of football Michael Zorc said: “Our focus now is on preparation for the Bundesliga opening match in Wolfsburg [on 19 August]. Dembele, of course, has the opportunity to complete an individual training session outside the group.”

Dembele has spent only one season at Dortmund, having arrived from Rennes last year for 15 million pounds.

Dortmund CEO, Hans-Joachim Watzke hasn’t ruled out a sale, with the club reported out for €130m.