Without any doubt, the most followed show on television right now is HBO’s Game Of Thrones.
The show is currently on break after the 6th season ended last year. With Season 7 coming soon, here a bunch of things you should already know.
1. Season 7 will premiere on the 16th of July, 2017. This date was revealed in a teaser for the new season. Mark it down! It’s coming so late because they shifted shooting to the winter because… You know… It’s coming!
2. There are only 13 Game Of Thrones episodes left. Fans have to cherish the upcoming seasons 7 and 8, because they’d be shorter than previous seasons. Seasons 1-6 had 10 episodes each, but season 7 is set to have only 7 episodes. Season 8 will be even shorter with only 6 episodes.
3. There are a number of new cast members in the show, including Harry Potter alum, Jim Broadbent. Singer Ed Sheeran also makes a cameo in the show.
4. The Great War is finally happening. The show has been teasing the coming of winter since the first season, and the White Walkers, who are bringing the winter, are here! It’s going to be interesting to see how the other houses join together to fight them.
5. A Game Of Thrones spinoff might happen. This is quite expected considering the show’s amazing success. Breaking Bad‘s success led to a spinoff in Better Call Saul, so it would most likely happen. In January, HBO programming president Casey Bloys said HBO is in “preliminary ongoing talks” with series writer George R. R. Martin about a new show. “There are areas we are exploring, but I wouldn’t point to any one and say, ‘This is what we’re going to do,'” he explained.