We’re entering the final phase of our top Nigerian songs from 2017, as we make our way to the final 10.
If you missed the previous post, check it out below.
20. Kiss Daniel – Sofa: Off the back of a successful debut album, Kiss Daniel continued to drop impressive music, like this one.
19. Tekno – Be: His biggest hit of the year, this Sarz-produced jam didn’t even get the visual treatment, but was still a bop all through.
18. Runtown – For Life: It was always going to be hard to follow up a single as big as Mad Over You, but Runtown did very well with For Life.
17. Mr. Eazi – Leg Over: Mr. Eazi released a number of songs that warmed him into the hearts of Nigerian music lovers (even though he’d still later talk his way out of them), and Leg Over was the best of them all.
16. Reekado Banks – Easy (Jeje): Arguably the Mavin Records singer that had the best 2017, Reekado Banks’ talent shone through this year through jams like this.
15. Olamide – Pepper Dem Gang: One of the few hits on Olamide’s The Glory album, Pepper Dem Gang became a fan favorite thanks to its catchy hook.
14. Mayorkun – Mama: Easily his biggest hit since his debut Eleko, Mayorkun’s Mama is the Nigerian girl’s love song. After all, the solution to all our problems na ego.
13. Nonso Amadi – Tonight: One of the oldest songs on this list, Nonso Amadi’s Tonight finally found mainstream success in 2017, and boy did it blow up.
12. Skales – Temper remix feat. Burna Boy: Skales and Burna Boy worked on a number of songs this year, showing a real nice chemistry. Their biggest joint was easily the Fela-sampled Temper, with Burna showing the incredible talent he’s known for.
11. Wizkid – Come Closer feat. Drake: The second collaboration between our own Starboy and OVO boss Drake after the huge One Dance, Come Closer didn’t reach its predecessor’s heights, but was still a pretty big jam.